The merged document does not print, why?
After merging a set of word documents, you may get the error message:|
"The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to continue?"
You may also have problems printing the document.
We believe that this is a bug with word.
You can attempt the following work-around to print your document:
1. Open the merged document (using Microsoft Word).
2. Select the "File/Save As..." menu item.
3. Enter a unique file name.
4. From the "Save as type:" drop down menu, select the "Word 6.0/95 (*.doc)" option - you may have to scroll down a bit to find this.
5. Click the "Save" button to save the file.
6. Close the document.
7. Open the document.
Your printer should now be able to print the document in it's entirety.
Note that if you want to continue to edit the file, you should edit the original and not the printable version.